Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weighty Issues

A couple of weeks ago I was pondering my impending single status and lamenting re-entry into the dating scene.

"I am overweight and dress like a under-achieving hobo."

To which my best buddy Lon responded, "Gordy you can lose weight and Ann will dress you. Consider this: You have a good job, a nice house and all of your teeth. You are the King of Owosso!"

Hrmph. All Hail the King!

***************************

Last time I saw Chuck I mentioned that now that I can/should/might re-enter the dating scene I need to lose some weight. Chuck kindly pointed out that I need to move from "I got me some" weight to "I need to get me some" weight.

I really wanted to argue the point just for the shear "crudeness" of the remark, but how can you find fault with an honest and funny comment?

********************************

Ya. My weight issue has been weighing heavy on my mind. I am not sure what my current weight is, but I am betting it is near 300 which is way too damn fat. I need to get back down to 220. I can hold that.

So, soon, I will be blogging about my weight loss. Diet, workout regimen, state of mind - all of that info will be in the blog. I think documenting my struggle and completely exposing myself (I promise there will be no pictures) will keep me on task.

I have always been able to lose weight quickly when I set my mind to it. And my mind is set. I will begin in the next week or so, probably by Sunday night.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a cheeseburger and diet soda calling my name.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger dicecipher said...

All hail to the king!

Wed Oct 17, 06:47:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home