Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sucker Punched by a Paczki

Yesterday, 2/28/06, was Fat Tuesday and thus the office was full of the sweet smell of freshly fried paczki (pronounced poonch-key). Being that the aforementioned fried delights were on the GUFF table (General Unclaimed Free Food) I naturally helped myself.

Although the paczki tasted wonderful, they wrecked holy hell on my body. I could feel my blood sugar rising after the first bite and by noon I was almost comatose. Instead of eating lunch -which I really did not have the appetite for - I took a 30 minute power nap. After that I was able to function mostly normally.

What can I say? I made a bad choice. I really need to get my mind set that there are certain things I can no longer eat. That's going to be tough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Gordon...when ever I drink a beer...I can feel myself start to lactate. Not exactly sugar shock....but non-the-less, my body will never be the same. The alcohol just does something to me. Now...try and erase the mental picture from your head....I DARE YOU!!!!

Wed Mar 01, 11:20:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He leaves out the part where he was punched in the poonch by this wife when she found out he snuck that snack!

Wed Mar 01, 11:24:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gordy just spoon feed me the prunes

Thu Mar 02, 10:09:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home