Saturday, September 09, 2006

Q&A with Triston


Brandee and I had Triston over to spend the night. Triston and I do a bunch of guy stuff during which time he usually takes the opportunity to illuminate the thought process of an eight year old.

"Uncle Gordy, what are we going to do tonight?"

"The usual - shoplift and throw rocks at cars."

"Hnnh? I don't throw good."


"Uncle Gordy, are there werewolves in the woods?"

"Yes there are."

"Will they eat me?"

"Yes they will"

"How come they don't eat Denny?"

(Denny is my father-in-law and owner of the woods.)

"Because they are Denny's werewolves. And they like him."


"Uncle Gordy, what is that?"

(Triston points to a large, triangular, gravity fed deer feeder.)

"Its a werewolf feeder."

"Werewolves don't eat corn!"

"No, but baby deers do."


And then came a whole bunch of questions and statements that I really couldn't comment on.

"Will turkeys bite you?"

"I am pretty sure I can karate chop a bat."

"Will bucks buck you?"

"Can we dig up that dead dog?"

"I can taste my fart in my pop."



Man. I gotta get me a kid.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just wait until Damon is able to talk. Just think of all the things you can teach him!!!

Fri Sep 22, 03:25:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home