Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Secret Language of Husbands

My niece Amber was upset that her new hair cut wasn't quite what she had hoped for. She wanted it cut like Racheal from Friends, but instead it looked more like a longish page boy.

Earlier in the day Amber called Brandee complaining about the new do and Brandee decided we needed to cheer her up.

We found Amber curled up in a ball on the couch, hiding her head behind her lounging son. She was snivel-crying and tried to blame the whole fiasco on her husband, Steve.

"He made me do it. He said I looked like a church lady and needed to get a haircut!"

I, being the naturally caring individual that I am, tried to comfort her.

"Honey, let me tell you something. Steve will probably kill me for revealing this Husband-secret but he probably does not care about your hairdo. The old one was just fine with him."

"Really?", she perked up, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Certainly", I nodded sagely.

"When a husband tells his wife she needs a haircut, what he is really saying is, your boobs are too small and your butt is too big. Since I can't do anything about either of them, please cut your hair."


.....

I am pretty sure I made Amber feel better.

Gordon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sonofabitch!!! I AM GUNNA KILL JOHN!!!!

Wed May 24, 09:58:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home