Thursday, July 21, 2005

What I did on my Summer Vacation


A bouquet of random thoughts from my Summer Vacation.

- It is Wednesday, July 20th as I write this. Nothing spectacular about the day other than the fact that I have to "think" about what day it is. I say that if you can't immediately remember what day it is you are either inebriated or very relaxed . Either way it's a good thing.

- "Dad, is that a mean beaver?" (Fill in your own punchline.)

- Five days into vacation and I do not miss my lack of an Internet connection. Brandee and I did manage to "find" some wireless connectivity in a nearby town so we are not totally disconnected from the "world".

- I am sitting next to our cabin, reading a good book (Perdido Street Station), sipping a diet Coke and watching the sun setting over Lake Superior. Not bad. Not bad at all.

- "Don't disturb the Piping Plover". I have no idea what a Piping Plover is, but my mother-in-law said it with dire seriousness so I will be careful to not disturb it.

That's pretty much it. I did not do much... but that was the plan. Mission accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home