Monday, July 04, 2005

Short End of the Stick

She's gone.

I moved her out.

Brandee, my wife, is out of my.....room. The old computer room was just too crowded and something had to go. No way was I giving up the space. I am the Man. And this is the Man's room (nevermind the lace curtains).

Oh, it wasn't easy. She fought a bit. After a brief game of Rock, Rock, Rock and a quick stare down lead to a stalemate, we entered negotiations.

"Get out."

Not the best opening line, but I wanted to display my seriousness and thought a direct aproach the best.

"Bite me."

Nice one. Brandee also decided to be direct. Rock VS Rock. Score 0 - 0.

Stare. Stare. Blink. Blink.

"Ok. I will leave, but first..."

She had me at "Ok". I don't recall most of the conversation after that but I do know that I moved her stuff downstairs and agreed to finance room renovations and purchase a new desk.

Technically I won, but in the end I am pretty certain I got the short end of the Stick.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is he started it. Gordon mentioned my "move" a while ago, but I held back... knowing my husband as well as I do, the longer I could take to make my decision, the more generous he would be in "financing" my decorating efforts. If that is what it takes to make "the Man" feel as though he aserted his authority and reclaimed his turf, so be it. I won in the end. :-)

Mon Jul 04, 03:31:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gordy you should know by now you never "win". Its all an elaborate shell game to make you think you did.

Tue Jul 05, 04:10:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Life Bridge Church said...

Yeah, I'm not sure if you actually won there Gordon. Have you ever heard "The Man Song"? If not, you'll get a kick out of it.

Tue Jul 05, 09:52:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home